Infrared heater thermostat functions: What do they really do?
- 7-day programming: The 7-day programming makes it possible to set up an individual heating plan for each day of the week. Of course, this program can be interrupted with manual settings and later resumed. For the average consumer, this function achieves the greatest energy savings when heating with infrared panel heaters with thermostat. The initial settings take some time but users are then rewarded with massive energy savings.
- WiFi: This feature allows you to control your infrared heater through an app that communicates with your thermostat. This is ideal if you spontaneously come home early or if you forget to switch off the heating and it’s a must-have for holiday homes.
- Open window detection: Another feature that helps save energy! If the door or window is accidentally left open, the thermostat detects a sharp drop in temperature and automatically turns off the heating for a short period of time.
- Adaptive Start: This function allows the thermostat to start or stop heating according to the given conditions. It will learn to turn off or on the infrared heater sooner or later based on local conditions. Again a feature to save energy and to create a more comfortable room climate.
- Holiday mode: In holiday mode, the infrared heater heats up only to a minimum temperature, so that pipes won’t freeze. The perfect alternative instead of turning off the heating.
- Black Bulb Sensor: This function is used to measure the radiant temperature of heaters, rather than simply measuring the air temperature, allowing for more specific temperature measurement of radiant heaters.
In general, the above features bring significant energy savings as well as more convenience in use as well as a more comfortable room atmosphere. That is, of course, assuming you are actually using the functions and that your infrared heater is not only running in manual mode.
For a personal consultation, contact a Sundirect dealer who will help you find the right thermostat for your heating needs.