Having a nice outdoor living space to relax, entertain, spend time with your loved one and even enjoy a nice meal is a great addition to any home or commercial property. It’s best to spend time outdoors when the weather is good, but the cold weather can be uncomfortable during the winter months. So you can’t use outdoor space.
However, you can improve your outdoor living space and make it a great place to enjoy all days of the year if you invest in an outdoor infrared heater. patio heaters have many advantages that can make them a great addition to any property.
Why Infrared Outdoor Heaters?
- Very Effective Working –
Infrared uses radiation to heat people and objects directly so trying to heat air in an ample, open space is not wasted.
The Infrared Heating System is completely effective because it offers zone heating. Their radiated heat is projected into a defined area, allowing you to target specific areas that need heat instead of trying to heat the entire area. The normal use of this zoned heat is on the outside seating area and the same amount of space is kept warm.
- Easy to use –
Outdoor infrared heaters are designed to be easy to use. You just turn it on and you can enjoy the heat immediately. Compared to other outdoor heating methods that take a long time to heat up, Infrared provides a hassle-free heating solution with fast results. These heaters are designed to be maintenance-free and strong enough to withstand harsh external conditions.
- Totally Safe –
Infrared Heaters are effective as well as totally safe to use. Most of the models are wall-mounted designs so we can easily protect them from children and Infrared panel heaters are also safe and easy to installation.
- Spend time in the backyard (winter, too) –
As it is an effective source of heat for outdoor use, you will not have any problems in your leisure time. And it was easy to spend time outside when the outside temperature was cold. Instead of spending your outdoor time just in the summer months, infrared heaters will definitely help you to enjoy your back garden in spring and autumn, allowing you to get the most out of the fresh air all year round.
What size of outdoor infrared heater should be chosen?
In order to set up a heated zone that covers the necessary area, it is important to choose and install outdoor heaters of the appropriate size.
Consider the size and shape of the area you want to cover when choosing the suitable size heaters for your project, then look for heaters with the appropriate heating spans.
Choosing the appropriate size of outdoor infrared heater is simple if all you’re looking for is a portable heater to use on chilly summer evenings in your backyard garden. However, you might need to give your size selection a bit more attention if you plan to install a permanent outdoor heating system for a greater space.
To install your heaters, make sure you have enough space. Take accurate measurements of the space where the heaters will go and compare them to the specifications of the product you have selected. Don’t forget to consider your heaters’ depth, especially if mounting close to a door or walkway.
Here are some helpful tips, though, if you’d like to figure out your heating sizes on your own:
- Make sure to measure the area you wish to heat accurately.
- Drawing a plan or elevation diagram of your heated space on squared paper might be helpful.
- As a general rule, heat from outdoor infrared heaters typically radiates out a maximum of 3.5 meters.
- One-directional outdoor heaters, such as those installed on walls or ceilings, often project a wedge-shaped heating span in the direction they are pointed.
- A circle of heat will be produced using 360-degree outdoor heaters, such as umbrella-mounted heaters or free-standing tower heaters.
Suitable Locations for Outdoor Infrared Heaters
Outdoor heaters are a smart choice for various situations, including some inside ones, thanks to the advantages of infrared radiation!
- Domestic area – Gardens, patios, balconies, terraces, and gardens
- Commercial area – pubs, restaurants, stadiums, trains platform, hotels, etc.
How they are Installed? Maintenance?
To install an infrared heater in an outdoor area, you need a qualified electrician. There are numerous installation options for outdoor infrared heaters to a wide range of various locations.
- Wall Mounted – Wall mounted outdoor heaters offer a safe fitting and keep the heaters out of the reach of young children.
- Free Standing – Good for domestic patio/ outdoor area. It is portable and typically adjustable and lightweight. You can store them in the shed when not in use. All you have to do is move them to the patio and plug them into the nearest socket when you want to use them.
- Ceiling Mounted – To supply heat from the ideal height, the heaters are directly mounted to the ceiling. Suitable for warehouses, workshops, etc.
- Parasol Mounted – Heaters that are attached to umbrellas clamp onto the umbrella pole. They are portable and give the persons seated at the table 360 degrees of heating.
It requires the least amount of maintenance. You need to just simply keep your heaters clean. This can be done by carefully using a lint-free cloth to wipe the grill after the heater has been turned off.
Outdoor Infrared Heaters really work great for heating outdoor areas. This is totally eco-friendly, cost-effective and safe. If you want to spend family time in your garden during the winter this is a fantastic way!!